Open date: 27 Jan 2011
Closing date: 20 Apr 2011
This consultation, conducted by the Department for Business, Skills & Innovation (BIS) and the Ministry of Justice’s Tribunals Service, is a significant first step in taking forward the Government’s review of employment law.
The Government is seeking views on measures to:
- achieve more early resolution of workplace disputes so that parties can resolve their own problems, in a way that is fair and equitable for both sides, without having to go to an employment tribunal
- ensure that, where parties do need to come to an employment tribunal, the process is as swift, user-friendly and effective as possible; and
- help businesses and social enterprises feel more confident about hiring people
Who this consultation is aimed atWe would like to hear from all who are interested and in particular welcome contributions from claimants, claimant representative organisations, employers, employer representative organisations, legal firms, mediation service providers, and other bodies with an interest in resolving workplace disputes and the employment tribunal system.
Responding to the consultationYou can do this by:
- completing the response form online via surveymonkey; or
- emailing your completed response form to the Dispute Resolution Policy Team: RWDconsultation@bis.gsi.gov.uk ; or
- posting your completed response form to:
Dispute Resolution Policy Team
Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
1 Victoria Street